Tips to help plan a successful event
Event planners play an important part of any event, they require acute organisation skills and pay constant attention to detail. We often watch with great interest the event planners we have at Silverstream Retreat, you can usually pick them out of the crowd they’re the ones with the clipboards or iPads delegating jobs and directing traffic.
- Organisation and preparation are key when planning an event. Use the tips below for successful event planning:
- Set your budget – determine which items are necessities and which are luxuries
- Create a schedule – create a timeline, when to send out invitations, deliveries etc.
- Determine the target audience – Tailor the event to suit your target audience, knowing the age group of your guests help you choose catering options and entertainment.
- Assign roles – e.g. marketing coordinator, treasurer, contact person …
- Update your budget weekly, give your team regular updates to help keep everyone on track
- Communicate clearly, be specific with your instructions to staff, clients and vendors
- Evaluate the event – provide and evaluation form at the event