How to create a Facebook Event
Whether it’s a marketing event, product launch, party or fundraiser, the Facebook Event application is a free, effective way to promote an event and reach a wide audience. It is a great way to encourage people to engage, post on your wall and invite other friends.
The Facebook Event application is quick and simple to set up.
- Click Events on the left side of your homepage.
- Click Create in the centre or on the left side under My Events.
- Fill in the event name, details, location and time, and then choose your privacy settings. Keep in mind that you must include an event name and time.
- Click Invite Friends to add friends to the guest list. Check the names of the people you want to invite and then click Save.
- Click Create.
- You’ll be taken to your event where you can share posts, upload photos, invite more guests and edit event details.
For more details about creating an event and additional information like adding a place, weather information and sending messages to event guests visit Facebook Events.
Ways to promote your Facebook Event
- Create a registration page on your website, you can then direct traffic from your Facebook Event to the site. Here you can have more information about the event.
- Update your Facebook cover photo with an image that promotes the event and then include a link to the registration page on your website.
- Share the Event on your Facebook timeline, include a link to the Event page and add a call to action such as ‘Register Now’. Images draw the most attention so make sure you use an eye catching image promoting the event.
- Keep followers updated with information about speakers, discounts, competitions or pictures of the event preparation.
- If you have speakers or presenters at the event you can tag them in your post and encourage them to talk about the event.
- Give away tickets and create a buzz around the event. You can give away tickets by running a contest on your page, ‘like this post and be in to win free tickets’.
- Post videos from past events, tag guests and business that are in the videos. Videos attract more attention than text posts.
- Include a link to your Facebook Event page in your email signature.
- As the event date approaches post reminders for guests that have register and create some urgency for those that haven’t registered ‘Tickets selling fast’.