Make environmentally responsible choices for meetings and events
Planning a meeting or event while reducing its environmental impact can be quite overwhelming. Greening your meeting or event not only saves our planet but saves money, energy and can help local communities.
Here are some tips you can apply to your next meeting or event:
- Use a paperless system – Email meeting agendas; create a website where people can register online and then email confirmation.
- Use recycled paper – If printing is required have all printed materials published on recycled paper, using vegetable based inks, and on both sides of the page.
- Meet close – Reduce traveling distances and chose venues with accommodation onsite.
- Use local suppliers- This potentially means lower transport costs and emissions.
- Manage waste – Provide bins for compostables and recyclable.
- Promote transport options – Offer a bus service to the venue for attendees or encourage people to organise a car pool.