When choosing a conference or meeting venue there is more to consider than just the budget. You want the venue to add to the experience for those attending rather than detract. A good conference venue will be well equipped, have a good layout and the right atmosphere.
We’ve come up with a list of things to consider when looking for a conference or meeting venue:
- Is the venue easily accessible to those attending?
- Does the location offer the necessary road/rail/air links?
- Is the venue location suitable for any extra events/shows/excursions that have been planned?
- Is the location quiet and calm, and a distraction-free environment?
- Is the venue available on the dates required?
- Are any extras such as equipment, accommodation, etc. available on the dates required?
- Is the seating capacity suitable?
- Is there a full range of furniture available?
- Are the meeting rooms large enough to provide a comfortable experience for those attending?
- Are the meeting rooms well laid out? Do they allow for good views of the speaker without any obstructions?
- Does the venue have a variety of rooms? An auditorium? Small rooms for breakaway meetings?
- Can the venue offer a projector, DVD player, electronic whiteboard and stationery?
- Does the venue offer Wi-Fi internet access?
- Do they have a photocopying/fax service?
- Is there suitable lighting and power points?
- Can they provide refreshments, tea/coffee?
- Do they offer a selection of menus?
- Are vegetarians, vegans and those with specific dietary requirements catered for?
- Does the venue have enough parking spaces?
- Are the rooms well ventilated and temperature controlled?
- Will disabled delegates be catered for?
- Is there a restaurant or bar for post-meeting networking and entertainment?
- Do they have sports and leisure facilities?
- Do they have facilities for team building activities?
- Does the venue provide suitable accommodation?
- Does the venue fall within the budget for this meeting?
- What type of rates do they offer i.e. individual room hire rate,
- Is a deposit required and if so how much and how far in advance?
- What is the cancellation policy? Will you receive a full or partial refund?
You may want to come and visit Silverstream Retreat to see first-hand the layout and facilities and to meet our friendly staff. Call or email us today to arrange for a tour of our venue.
Also check out the testimonials from past conferences and meeting on our website.